Saturday, December 27, 2008

Poker Meanderings

I have had trouble with tilt while playing poker and that is what killed me in 6 max games. I was break even at 50NL over a decent sample (25K hands). The number of times I donked off a buyin or a half buyin is amazing. I probably was beating the games when I wasn't monkey tilting. I'm going back to Heads Up Sit in goes where I first built up my bank roll. They seem to be less tilting for me, and a good win rate.

I cashed out of all the poker sites at the start of my tilt problems. Then when I decided to put money back into poker I put the minimum of $50 into full tilt. Since then I have played 44 turbo $6 + $.25 HU sngs. I went 27-17 for a 61.3% win rate and a 17.6% return on investment. That puts my online bank roll up to $111.

My plan for bankroll management is to always have 15 buy ins for the level I want to play. So to play the next level ($11 + $0.5) I will need to have a online roll of $165. I think if I play a lot (and assuming I keep on beating the games at this rate) I can go up a level in 3-4 weeks. From what I can see of higher stakes games up to like $20 sngs is that they aren't too much better, maybe fewer fish compared to regulars, but it doesn't look too bad.

No comments: